Establishment of Central Office in Indianapolis1920
The 1920 convention in Atlanta approved the George Banta Jr.’s recommendation that “the Central Office of the Fraternity… shall be in some centrally located and easily accessible city… should be Indianapolis, Indiana.” The office was formally opened on October 4, 1921.
The January 1922 Palladium reported that “The Central Office is fast assuming finished proportions and by the end of May we hope to have everything in fine shape for work or inspection.” The article listed the location of the new office at 819 Peoples Bank Building, 134 East Market St., Tel. No. Circle 8441. This became the second central office of Phi Delta Theta.